Good oral hygiene means more than brushing, flossing and retaining the natural brightness of your smile. Your teeth need regular professional cleaning to ensure the health of your teeth and your gums. With proper care, your teeth can last your entire lifetime. When you have your teeth cleaned by your dental professional, you are ensuring the ongoing health of your smile.
At DentalX, we understand that life is busy and it is easy to put scheduled teeth cleanings on hold. We encourage you to think again. There are many benefits to regular teeth cleaning.
The Benefits of Dental Cleaning for Oral Health
When you schedule your regular professional teeth cleaning, the plaque and calculus will be safely removed from your teeth, above and below the gum line. Removing plaque will protect the health of your teeth and gums.
- A professional teeth cleaning can reduce your risk of cavities. The acids in the plaque and calculus that cling to your teeth can cause decay.
- Removing calculus will help reduce your risk for gum irritation, painful swelling and gingivitis.
- A consistent teeth cleaning schedule can prevent the need for deep cleaning, or root scaling in the future.
- Getting your teeth cleaned will remove the bacteria, plaque and debris that your toothbrush and floss can miss.
- Regularly scheduled teeth cleaning will prevent calculus from accumulating below the gum line, which can cause periodontitis. Damage to the supporting bones can result in tooth loss.
- Your dentist will be able to look for early signs of decay, fractures, or damage to existing fillings. Small issues can be scheduled for treatment before they become significant problems.
- Hidden cavities caught early will reduce your need for more costly and painful dental treatments in the future.
The Benefits of Dental Cleaning to Your General Health
At DentalX, we care about more than just oral health. Regular cleanings and dental exams can reduce your risk of other medical complications.
- Chronic inflammation has been shown to increase your risk for hardening of the arteries. Having your teeth cleaned regularly can reduce your risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Healthy teeth and gums can reduce the risk of complications during pregnancy. Growing evidence suggests that there is a link between gum disease and premature or underweight birthweight. Gum disease can also appear or worsen during pregnancy.
- Routine teeth cleaning and exams can catch early signs of oral cancer. Early detection can be crucial to a favorable outcome.
At DentalX North York Dental we care about your health, and we want your smile to last your lifetime. Regular dental cleanings will help preserve your natural smile. Have your teeth cleaned regularly on a schedule determined by your dental professional to maintain your health and your healthy smile.